Friday, November 24, 2006

Day #24 - Good Times, Man

High. School. Reunion. Three words that strike fear in the hearts of otherwise sane & self-possessed people. I've got them on the brain today, since tonight is the big night for reunions. Nick will be at his 10th, my sister & bro-in-law will be at her 10th, and I spent this night last year at my 5th.

What is it about these events that make people so crazy? I mean, I completely understand wanting to look good to people you probably disliked 5, 10, or 20 years ago. I'm not being sarcastic, either. You know I went out & bought new high-heeled boots & a new blazer for my reunion. I spent hours in the bathroom perfecting hair, makeup, and jewelry.

However, some of my friends freaked out about the whole thing. That, I don't understand. As long as you're slightly more attractive now than in high school & have a reasonably un-embarassing job, you should be fine! That's my superficial & trite advice, kids. If you have a reunion tonight, get drunk & have a great time. I'm off for my wild night - babysitting my nephew & hanging out with my parents. ;)

3 comments:

East Coast Teacher said...

And so the obvious question: Why didn't you buy another fabulous outfit and attend tonight's festivities with Nick?

I had a blast at my ex's 5 year - too bad we aren't still together, because I know I'd of had as much fun at the 10th.

Stacey said...

Haha, good point. I would have gone, but for a variety of reasons. The main ones were that I was on babysitting duty for the nephew tonight and that Nick's reunion is in western MA, a full four hours from my parents' in NH.

Besides, he doesn't get to see his hometown buddies much and I knew it was important for him to spend time with them. I grew up around Boston, so I get to see my hometown friends all the time!

Sarah said...

i had a great time at my high school reunion...mostly because it was open bar! in our case, a lot of people didn't go beacuse it ended up being an expensive night..but the people who did go had a blast and were wasted by 9PM. that's how braintree rolls!