Friday, November 17, 2006

Day #17 - Home on a Friday Night

Lame! I know. Well, the boyfriend is at a work party tonight & I haven't any plans. The single girl in me revolts, wonders why I need a boyfriend to make plans. I went out for many years without one!

To my credit, though, it's not for lack of desire. If my best friend didn't live in NYC, if my other best friend didn't spend her weekends exclusively with her boyfriend, I'd be better off. I certainly tried tonight. I emailed most of my friends in Boston to see what they were doing. I got one offer, for a party in Brookline. I thought about it, but once I got home from work, the allure of my fleece pajamas & my laptop won out.

A part of me is a little sad to not see Nick tonight, since it's been exactly two months since our first date. However, I marked off every month's anniversary with the ex & he broke up with me just three days before our 6-month anniversary. So maybe it's best to only make note of the big ones! ;)

Incidentally, if Nick & I stay together that long, our 6-month anniversary will be on St. Patty's Day! As Erin points out, not a bad day to celebrate.

(Update: He called around 10:30 just to say hi. That made me smile.)

1 comment:

East Coast Teacher said...

He sounds like a great guy - I'm very happy for you.

While I, initially, felt the same way when I started dating someone new, I realized that time away from one another, whether on the weekends or not, only made the time together that much better.

So enjoy :)

P.S. Thanks for the comment - it was exactly what I needed after such an emotionally draining day.