Monday, August 14, 2006

Vacation Pictures - Part II

*Before I plunge into vacation photos, here is the grandmother update. Grammy's surgery went well & she is resting at the hospital. I saw her yesterday & she looks and sounds much better. Thanks to those of you who emailed or called with warm wishes!*

Here is the next set of vacation photos. I attended the wedding of an old PEI friend named Chad on July 22nd. His new wife, Adina, is from Cape Breton & the wedding was held in her little hometown of Judique. The weather was beautiful - sunny, warm, no rain whatsoever (a blessing, considering they had torrential rain the night before the ceremony).

It was a bit of a whirlwind weekend for me. I drove overnight with my parents to make it on time. After the 12-hour drive, I arrived at the inn at 7:45 a.m., disheveled & tired. However, seeing the boys & getting some hot coffee into me helped. After breakfast out at Manitou Restaurant in Port Hood, we were off to the races.

Back at the inn, I showered & dressed, then spent twenty minutes poking & prodding the guys into showering & getting their tuxes on. Because I was one of only three women staying at the inn & I was ready early, I found myself tying ties, fixing collars, attaching cuff links, smoothing tux jackets, adjusting pocket squares, etc. I even did the groom's hair - to the extent that smooshing my own hair gel into his very short hair constitutes "doing" his hair. ;)

Off to the church around 1:00, where my ex's new girlfriend & I (that's a whole other story!) spent a few minutes in the back room of the church with the boys - pinning on rose boutonnieres & checking them for loose ends one last time. Then, a lovely ceremony which (thank God!) was NOT a full Catholic mass.

After the ceremony & the requisite "standing around in front of the church", we all headed off to take the pictures. The bride's family owns land on a river, so that's where we went. It was really refreshing, actually. Instead of standing around the reception hall bored & hot, I spent the three "
picture-taking" hours barefoot, roaming around a meadow, taking pictures & nursing a (few) beer(s). The pictures came out wonderfully - see an example above. Most of my pictures were from the side or back, since my subjects were looking at the official photographer. I think I like my shots better. :)

Anyways, a good time was had by all. Here are the wedding pictures from day one. You'll get day two tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

that looks like it was so much fun! and i am glad to hear your grandma is on the mend!