Anyways, I've (mostly) recovered from my Saturday night & I wanted to share a few thoughts. I've been in New York visiting my best friend R. for not quite 48 hours & it's been quite a ride. Here are some of the things I've done here which I can quite honestly say have never happened in Boston. (I really hope my parents don't read this . . . )
- Got a mani/pedi at a nail shop in Spanish Harlem. Very cute, very cheap. My first pedicure ever, actually. (I know - I'm pretty much an incurable tomboy)
- Gave $2 to a crackhead. I'm an idiot & he had a good story. Something about being diabetic & needing food, I don't know. I know better now.
- Had a two-hour brunch at an outdoor French cafe, including a carafe of white wine, pain du chocolat, French toast w/ fresh fruit, sourdough bread & butter, and an iced cappuccino.
- Stayed after hours at a biker bar in Chelsea. I think it was the one on which Coyote Ugly was based. Either that, or the female bartenders just really liked to two-step on the bar.
- Rode a Heritage Softtail bike around the block with a 36-year old biker from Queens.