Friday, August 18, 2006

And In Other News . . .

I do have a real life back here in the States. ;) And in that real life, I am moving to a new apartment!!! Pictured above is the old apartment. It was/is a lovely place & I was very happy there for 15 months. However, it was expensive & the parking was horrendous (being near The Square and all).

The new place is in Hometown, where my sister, bro-in-law, nephew & grandparents live. It's a gorgeous studio in a 150-year old historic home. It has four huge windows, 12-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, and all the charm of, well, a historic home.

I've rented the new apartment from August 15th on & I have the old apartment until the 31st, so I can move at a leisurely pace. I got the keys to the new place this week & went over last night with two suitcases, a laundry basket of clothes, and my book collection, A-R. There was also one lonely "S" (
Catcher in the Rye slipped in somehow), but he will be joined by the rest of the collection sometime this weekend.

I'll post pics of the new place once I get things more organized!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

you organize your books alphabetically by last name!?

that is a little precious :-)

Stacey said...

I know - it's completely nuts. :)

Sarah said...

don't worry: this is how i organize mine

shelf 1 = faulkner
shelf 2 = shakespeare
shelf 3 and 4 anf five organized in order of how often i re read the book which is directly proportionate to how much i liked it.

not that i have ever just like casuallly picking up shakespeare or faulkener to whiz through. but i took a faulkner class in college and so own nearly all his books, same with shakespeare. so it is literally like a collection that serves really no purpose other than i like how they look in the case.

who's nuts now?

Stacey said...

Haha, not at all! When I was done putting the books on the new bookshelves in the new apartment, I just sat for awhile, admiring how they looked.

It's just normal bibliophilia. ;)