Thursday, August 03, 2006

More Whinging about the Heat

Today's post was meant to be the cute one about PEI that was promised yesterday. However, Blogger's photo upload feature is being bitchy & I'm having no luck. I've got it written, though, so you'll get that post later today if I can bend Blogger's will to my own. In the meantime, you'll get a little bitching about the heat. I'm only human, people!

So it was hot (again) last night. (How hot was it?!) It was so hot that it was 90 degrees in my apartment around 11:00 p.m. It was so hot that the thought of making something for dinner made me feel woozy. It was so hot that my subsequent dinner consisted of: a can of sliced peaches, a can of sliced pears, a fruit shake, a candy bar, and half a carton of "Karamel Sutra" B&J ice cream (which melted faster than I could eat it). Hmmm - maybe this heat thing has its merits . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My electricity went out last night. I pretty much wanted to kill myself. It was horrible.

Stacey said...

Oh, my God. I can't imagine! What did you do??

Anonymous said...

I died. No I sat there in the dark not believing what just happened.

It came back on within 10 minutes and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Also, I dont have AC so it was pretty much an oven with or without electricity.

Stacey said...

Yay - another crazy person without A/C! I just have a poor, belaboured fan working like crazy. It's pretty steamy in there.

And I'm moving, so a broker came by with a prospective tenant last night. I apologized so many times for the heat!