Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Step by Step

I'm noticing more & more how little improvements around the house can make me happy.  Don't get me wrong - the big stuff is great.  The wood laminate floors made a huge difference in here and this kitchen is getting butcher block countertops & a dishwasher ASAP.

In the meantime, though, we've added cup hooks to the underside of the cupboard to hang our matching, most-used coffee mugs, moved the dish rack to the larger swath of countertop on the right of the sink, and bought an oregano plant for the windowsill (with seeds for basil & chives soon to be started).  And these little things make me smile every time I walk in there!

Oh, and so does the fact that it was still vaguely light out the kitchen window when I was washing dishes around 6pm.

No comments: