Monday, October 16, 2006

This Time Last Year . . .

"This time last year" is a game I play sometimes to gauge how life is going. Not that I'm completely obtuse & can't tell on my own, but I think it's an interesting way to compare where I am now with where I was then. So let's give 'er a spin, shall we? This time last year, I was:
  • Working at the same company, but in a different capacity. NOW: I'm happier with what I'm doing.
  • Living in The Square, which was lovely. NOW: I think I like the new place better. It's more peaceful & the parking is 100 times better.
  • Awaiting my nephew's spring arrival & not yet "Auntie Stinky." NOW: Clearly, having a cute little chubby-cheeked munchkin of a nephew is much better!
  • Still unsure which graduate program I wanted to apply to. NOW: 100% sure & in the process of applying.
  • Dating a man who had just moved out of my apartment & back to his parents' house in western NY because he wasn't ready for such a commitment. (That should have been my first clue, right?) NOW: Dating a man who can't take his eyes off me and who makes me feel happier & safer than I've felt in a long time.
Looks like October 2006 just kicked October 2005's ass. ;)

No comments: