My problem is that I always want to have the kick-ass Halloween costume. Not necessarily the one that everyone at the party loves, but one that I think kicks some serious A-S-S. To wit, here are my costumes since 2000:
- 2000 - flapper (knee-length dress, black feather boa, long string of beads, dangly earrings, and thigh-high stockings with a flask of whiskey tucked in the top)
- 2001 - gangster (fedora, button down shirt, wife beater, suspenders, big pleated pants, water gun & cigar)
- 2002 - cowgirl (tight jeans with a small American flag & a small Texas flag pinned to the rear pockets, button down shirt, suede & turquoise belt, cowboy hat, boots, and floor-length suede coat)
- 2003 - Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt (blue fabric wrapped into a toga, silver Greek-type shoes, silver leaves in my hair, plastic sword, and bow & arrow set)
- 2004 - naughty librarian (knee-high boots, argyle stockings, wool skirt, slinky black satin top, red lace bra peeking out, grandpa cardigan and glasses)
I've felt guilty all year. ;)
Nick & I were also thinking of doing some kind of "couple" Halloween idea. I don't want to do the typical "pimp and hooker" kind of thing, but I'm getting stuck thinking of clever costumes. We can always recycle two of my former costumes to be a gangster & flapper combo, but something new would be fun. I'll keep thinking about it, but any advice would rock (Sarah, you're the Halloween goddess. I'm thinking of you here . . . ).