Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This is a Family Show

I've realized that my life is becoming increasingly family-oriented & squeaky-clean. This weekend was a good example.

Friday night - I tutored a student after work, then headed home to veg on the couch & watch TV. I had to be up around 7 a.m. on Saturday, so I crept into bed early.

Saturday - I did a task for my company during the morning hours. Then, I babysat Baby W in the afternoon. Stayed at my sister and bro-in-law's house for dinner & a movie. Home around 10:30 p.m. (on a Saturday!)

Sunday - Drove down to the South Shore in the morning to meet with the seamstress about my bridesmaid dress. After thirty minutes of pinning & tucking, I headed back north. Vegged on the couch through the afternoon with a cup of coffee, a blueberry muffin, a Country Living magazine & a PBS documentary about Frank Lloyd Wright.

Sunday evening was a little, tiny bit cooler. My friend & her husband had a cookout in their backyard, so I headed over there in the late afternoon. Hung out with old friends & new acquaintances & drank two whole beers! However, there were 4 kids under 10 at the party. So, I also spent half the evening playing trains, drawing on a chalk board, rolling down the hill & having a deep conversation about the first day of preschool with a 3-year old.

Now, please don't get me wrong. I love my friends & family very much. There are not many things I like more than playing with my nephew & running around with friends' kids. However, a girl has to be a little naughty sometime, right? ;)

1 comment:

Hooker said...

i want to check that Frank Lloyd Wright thing out. i did a painting last year that was based on one of his designs.

you gotta balance it out. go out and get a bottle of patron silver with some friends and knock back a few.