Not that I have anything much to say anyway. Nothing extraordinary has happened this week, so I'll give you some random thoughts & events:
- I gave blood last night at the Red Cross drive near my apartment. I used to donate blood much more often, but I've been too busy lately. It was nice to do so again. Makes me feel like a bit of a hero, actually. :)
- I'm reading a new book called Sea of Glory, about the U.S. South Seas Exploring Expedition of 1838-42. It's a really interesting read about a largely forgotten exploring expedition, written by the author of In the Heart of the Sea.
- I worked on my graduate school application a bit last night - added 200 words to my personal statement & wrote a note to an old professor asking her to write a recommendation.
- My date from Sunday emailed today to see if I wanted to get a drink later in the week. That was a nice surprise. Based on the typical "3-day rule", I was expecting to hear from him tomorrow. I think I'll need to think of a good nickname for him, since it seems like he's sticking around. Since he grew up in the Berkshires, let's go with Berkshire Boy for now. ;)
- One of my friends (Jaynie's beau) emailed me yesterday & said: "One of the drawbacks of your having a blog is that I always feel updated on your life. I get a daily update... then I forget that we haven't talked in like a month. Ah well, such are the digital times in which we live." Indeed, J, indeed.