Monday, September 18, 2006

D is for Dating Again

So here's the quick date recap, for those of you who were waiting with bated breath. :)

We met around 11 a.m. at the Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown. We had a nice breakfast (me - two eggs scrambled, wheat toast, home fries, cranberry juice, coffee. him - Greek omelette, toast, home fries, coffee) & stayed for about an hour. One of my co-workers & her BF were there for breakfast as well, so we said hi to them.

He walked me to my car afterwards (which was impressive, since it was 4 blocks away). I mentioned that I was going to go sit out on the Hometown green
since it was so nice out. I said he was welcome to come if he wanted. His plan was to watch football, but he called me on my way home & said he'd like to join me on the green.

We hung out & talked on the green for a couple of hours, then grabbed lunch/dinner at Bertucci's. We scored an outdoor table, which was lovely, but HOT! We ordered two glasses of shiraz, since it was past noon & perfectly acceptable. ;) Both of us wanted some version of their tomato & mozzarella salad
. However, because of the ban on spinach, we chose a Margherita pizza instead.

He dropped me off around 5:15 & saw the apartment (liked it). Not bad as far as first dates go. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

awww i love first dates!!!

you must have been PSYCHED when he called you back to say he would join you on the green. aww!!

one more time now..

awww!

(i love dating stories more than just about any other kind of story, if you can't tell :-) )