Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Year in Review

Well, I thought that I had done an annual "year in review" post every year, but looking back, it appears I've only done them in 2008 and 2010.  So maybe it'll be a biennial thing, then.  Here's 2012 in review, using the first line of the first post of each month.
  • December:  "Found this article last night about the daily routines of famous writers.  I find it fascinating to think about the way people structure their days, especially when said days don't take the shape of a 9-to-5 corporate gig."
  • November:  "So it turns out that I take an awful lot of pictures, even when I'm not doing a 365 project.  And then I instagram them."
  • October:  "Thing 2, ensconced in the pillow/blanket fort his auntie built for him.   A week ago, this little guy was in the hospital with pneumonia, so I was awfully glad to be with him at his house tonight."
  • September:  "Have fiddle, will travel."
  • August:  "Photos for August 11th and 12th.  Montreal in clouds & sunshine."
  • July:  "I love the view from this screen porch (any screen porch, really).  There's a lovely lake view to the left, but this angle through the top windows and up into the pine trees is timeless and wonderful."
  • June:  "A bunch of pretty plants this afternoon at Prescott Park.  It was a beautiful day and I know this weekend will be rainy, so I tried to really appreciate it."
  • May:  "This was my view from bed this morning - faint, gray light on a rainy morning.  No wonder I didn't bound right up."
  • April:  "In the last few weeks, I've become oddly obsessed with gardening.  This is new for me."
  • March:  "Well, it's definitely not as bad as last winter, but we got enough snow to cancel a lot of school systems . . . and the museum where I work on Thursdays!  They close based on the local school closings, so I got a text from my boss this morning at 7:16. "
  • February:  "After a busy morning at one museum, I attended a workshop this afternoon at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem.  The panelists talked about how their museums use technology to further museum education, whether through blogging, Twitter, or interactive iPods in the gallery."
  • January:  "Another two-for-the-price-of-one post!  Here are my photos for the first two days of 2012."

No comments: