- Purchase our home.
- Set up a fund for property taxes and utilities.
- Pay off all student loans.
- Set up an education fund for Thing 1, Thing 2, and our PFCs (potential future children).
- Set up a fund for taxes and maintenance at the lake house and the PEI house.
- Put a bunch of money into our retirement account.
- Set up a Scotland fund for biennial visits.
- Make a number of one-time charitable donations to organizations in the fields of historic preservation, LGBT rights, environmental defense, animal welfare, and veteran services.
- If any money remains, use it to seed a philanthropic foundation to fund future giving in those fields.
A little bit of sensible stuff, a little bit of philanthropy, and a little bit of fun stuff. I like it.