Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Year in Review

Just for funsies, here's my 2008 in review, using the first few lines of the first post of each month (unless that first post contained mostly pictures). It's a simple & lazy way of randomly summing up the year. Let's see what we end up with, shall we?

January: "Hope that you're all reasonably recovered from your various New Year's celebrations. I had a really good time on my first New Year's in Portsmouth."

February: (in response to this comic) "Attention, other blog-nerds: This is what we have to avoid on weekends. ;) Just kidding - I know you all like to drink beers in bars, too."

March: "
Lowell puts on dancing shoes for charity. This was amazing. I saw the re-cap during the spring training game today & I'm still giggling. You guys, Dustin Pedroia took off his shirt! And danced terribly. But as the GSBB said, 'I'll still marry him, even though he has a fat belly.' "

April: "I haven't posted too much this week & won't be posting much in the next week or so. I know - way to lure you in with the first sentence, right? I'm in the process of moving now & things are a tad hectic."


May: "So I consider myself a beer geek/nerd/whatever. I am the person who brings "good beer" to the party & orders draft or cask ales when everyone else is pounding Buds. I don't, however, post that much about it. If you click on the label for "beer" at the bottom of this post, you'll get maybe four or five posts."


June: "So I should have done this sooner, but . . . congrats to the Celtics for winning the Eastern Conference Finals & advancing to the NBA finals for the first time in 21 years! I'm definitely more of a Sox fan than I am a Celtics fan, but I do like the men in green."


July: "Is anyone else seeing this? The Sox went into the 7th inning of today's game against the Twins with just a 2-run lead (7-5). Then, all hell broke loose."

August: "Here's the text (much abridged) of a conversation I had last night while out at a bar:
Guy @ Bar: Where are you from?
Me: Boston, but I'm on PEI every summer.
Guy: I work near Boston sometimes. blah blah blah.
Me: Oh, neat. blah blah blah.
Guy: You're really pretty.
Me: Um, thanks. Is that a wedding ring?
Guy: Yeah, can I buy you a beer?
Me: Um, I think it's past last call. Where's your wife?"

September: "Well, Labor Day weekend is over & I'm back to school this week. While it won't be fall for a few more weeks, I'm moving into my fall routine & that deserves a look back at the summer that's ending. It was a good summer, on the whole. I spent a lot of time working, enjoying beverages with friends, and generally just enjoying my first summer in Portsmouth."


October: "When I look back, grad school is going to taste like coffee & crunchy peanut butter bars (from paper-writing marathons in the library) and draft beer & buffalo wings (from, you know, every other moment)."


November: "Should have probably done this weeks ago when I first got them, but here are my new glasses! I got them for my birthday from my parents & grandparents & I loooooove them."


December: "Oops. I can't believe I forgot to post last week about Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays & I've made sure to post about it in the past. Well, there's always time to correct your mistakes, right? The Boy & I spent Thanksgiving in Massachusetts with my immediate family, which is the way I always prefer to spend holidays."

No comments: