For some reason, I'm ebullient tonight. Actually, there are a number of reasons for it. Which I will now list. So there. (You guys don't come here expecting insightful social commentary or anything, do you?) ;)
- This weekend, I'm hosting a Leap Year party (at a bar, not my place) on Friday night & attending an Around the World party on Saturday. Who said you have to work hard in grad school? I kid, I kid.
- I ordered a new Red Sox sweatshirt for the '08 season & it came in the mail on Monday. I don't think I've spent a night home without it on & I wore to class on Tuesday.
- My nephews continue to be cute & wonderful & I love seeing them once a week.
- My dating life is too confusing to parse right now (plus, I only have nicknames for two of the five thus far), but it's generally good & I'm clearly doing something right this winter. ;)
- In my research seminar today, the professor chastised everyone for poor work on a recent essay. She then said the highest grade was an A-. Guess what I (and another friend) got? It was particularly great b/c I'm pretty intimidated by this professor & her notes said my writing was "excellent."
- It looks like I'll be spending spring break either relaxing & attending a few St. Patty's Day parties or . . . in Puerto Rico!
- My friend Kate made a mix CD a few years ago, called "Beautiful & Funny & Sad & True," after a line in The Girls' Guide to Hunting & Fishing. I've been listening to the last song, the love song medley from Moulin Rouge (the elephant scene), on repeat. As Kate points out in her liner notes, "this is love at its silliest, most dramatic, and most surreal." Yet, it makes me believe in love again. And considering my bad luck with it in the past, that's saying something. :)