Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Singing in the Rain

OK, snow, but that's just a detail.

For some reason, I'm ebullient tonight. Actually, there are a number of reasons for it. Which I will now list. So there. (You guys don't come here expecting insightful social commentary or anything, do you?) ;)

  • This weekend, I'm hosting a Leap Year party (at a bar, not my place) on Friday night & attending an Around the World party on Saturday. Who said you have to work hard in grad school? I kid, I kid.
  • I ordered a new Red Sox sweatshirt for the '08 season & it came in the mail on Monday. I don't think I've spent a night home without it on & I wore to class on Tuesday.
  • My nephews continue to be cute & wonderful & I love seeing them once a week.
  • My dating life is too confusing to parse right now (plus, I only have nicknames for two of the five thus far), but it's generally good & I'm clearly doing something right this winter. ;)
  • In my research seminar today, the professor chastised everyone for poor work on a recent essay. She then said the highest grade was an A-. Guess what I (and another friend) got? It was particularly great b/c I'm pretty intimidated by this professor & her notes said my writing was "excellent."
  • It looks like I'll be spending spring break either relaxing & attending a few St. Patty's Day parties or . . . in Puerto Rico!
  • My friend Kate made a mix CD a few years ago, called "Beautiful & Funny & Sad & True," after a line in The Girls' Guide to Hunting & Fishing. I've been listening to the last song, the love song medley from Moulin Rouge (the elephant scene), on repeat. As Kate points out in her liner notes, "this is love at its silliest, most dramatic, and most surreal." Yet, it makes me believe in love again. And considering my bad luck with it in the past, that's saying something. :)

4 comments:

LawVixen said...

Awww :) Am glad you like it. I'm actually working on a sequel CD *as we speak*! woah dude.

am glad you are well. mwah.

To Be Announced said...

I think this is the first time I've seen the word "ebullient" in a blog... nice.

I hope one of the St. Patty's Day parties you're attending is mine! :)

Susie said...

Ummm 5 guys??! I need details...

Sounds like you are doing reallyyyy well :)

Stacey said...

Kate - looks like our magical mind connection still works. ;) Love you, babe.

Caity - My "home base" for St. Patty's will be my friends' place on Baxter St., but I want to swing by your place to see you too! :) Thanks for the invite.

Susie - Haha, 5 is probably an overstatement. 1 is just a crush (he doesn't know yet) and 1 is on the way out. But I'll post a "dating update" soon. :)