Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Portrait of a Lady

For Grammy's wake, the funeral home put together a slideshow of images of her. This played on a flatscreen TV in a side room, accompanied by "Ave Maria." It was a lovely tribute. We got the DVDs from the funeral home today & I was able to pull out the older pictures that we hadn't previously had in digital form. I've uploaded them to Shutterfly & you can view them here.

In the meantime, I've added a photo of her at 17 (in 1946) to one of my previous posts about her. Here are my favorites of the older photos. :)


Grammy hanging out with a goat in 1933 (Watertown, MA)

Grammy & Mum in the early 1960's (Culloden, PEI)

Grammy & Grampa at my sister's wedding in 1998 (Boston, MA)

Grammy playing with our (late) beagle Sandy

Grammy & my sister sharing a hug around Christmas

Grammy & I busting a move at a family wedding

My favorite. Grammy with my sister & me at our summer house on PEI. It was taken sometime in the mid- to late 1980's. We all look so happy, which we usually were during family vacations on the Island.

Miss you, Gram.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure, make me cry some more.

Love,
Mum