Tuesday, June 05, 2007

In Response

Because I was lucky enough to get some thoughtful comments on yesterday's post, I'm going to take this space to respond. Figured it was easier than squeezing my response into the comment box!

First of all, thank you, ladies. I appreciate you all taking a few minutes to respond to what I'd written & help boost my ego a bit. ;)

Sarah - I agree that Nick, or whoever, should love me for all of the crazy women I embody. Thanks for reminding me. I think I am looking for closure with the convo. And I would love for you to meet us for a tini or two on Friday night! Also, your later comment was amazing. I completely agree with you, but I don't think I've ever heard someone "meowing" Gilbert Blythe! ;)

Jenny - Thanks for the reminder to be myself! I usually have no trouble with that, but you know how a break-up can sometimes make you doubt yourself? I'm really just talking to Nick next week to 1.) get a book back that I lent him, and 2.) reassure myself that I did what I could, without compromising myself, to make things work. And yes, tinis galore on Friday! Where do you want to go?

Kate - You've been an absolute dear throughout this tough month. Thank you for your insight & your support. There are few people with whom I can be totally honest & you're one of them. :) And yes, I really do want Gilbert Blythe. What woman doesn't (as Sarah helped prove)?

Caity - Thanks for the agreement! We're totally on for drinks on Friday. I really liked your idea from the other week - somewhere near the waterfront. Any thoughts?

Rach - Thanks for the blog reading & first-time commenting. I nearly died of shock! (She's been my best friend for nearly 11 years, everyone, and this was her first blog comment. Let's give her a round of applause!)

(UPDATED: After all the sighing over Gilbert Blythe, I had to add a photo of he & Anne kissing!) ;)

4 comments:

Drama Queen said...

clap, clap.

East Coast Teacher said...

Gilbert Blythe...*drool*

Love him, love the books, and love the movie.

And I agree with the ladies - you should not, under any circumstance, change who you are to keep a man (or to get one).

If Nick can't realize how great you are, he's not worth it. You'll find someone better :)

londongirl said...

Indeed. Keep yourself. Keep your integrity. But by all means talk.

And keep your friends close for tinis if it doesn't go quite as you hope.

I've been there. I know how hard it is when you think they're it and then they turn out not to be. It's hard. But worth it. Because hindsight tells me that what I thought was undeniably true, isn't true now.

Chin up hon.

Stacey said...

Thanks, DQ, Miss B, and LG. :)