However, I'm going to give myself a few "gimmes" this year. By that, I mean things that I've already done or planned to do in '07. It's like when you write a To-Do list on a piece of paper and include something like, "Write To-Do List." You get to cross it off immediately & everyone's happy - brilliant!
Without further ado, here are my Top 5 resolutions for 2007 (in no particular order):
- Finally get back to Scotland! This one is a total gimme, since I've already taken the vacation time (as has Nick), found us a place to stay, and will be buying the plane tix in the next couple of weeks. But whatever. ;) This was my resolution two years ago & I'm finally fulfilling it - with the handsome man above for company, no less!
- Finish my personal statement & submit my application for grad school. This is kind of another gimme, as that will be done in the next week or so (!).
- If #2 doesn't lead to an acceptance letter at State U, find a new job at some point. My two-year anniversary at this job will be at the end of this month. It's been a good run. However, I'm tired of being so far away from my passion - history.
- Treat that man above like a king. He's damn good to me, sometimes better than I deserve.
- Stay in touch with old friends. I generally do a good job of staying in touch with friends, but I can do better. For example, I can call my friends on the West Coast, in Canada, and in the UK more often. More to the point, I can have dinner/drinks/coffee with my friends in Boston more often.