Sunday, January 14, 2007

Holiday in Inverness

In my continuing plans for our trip to Scotland in March, I've found a B&B in Inverness for day 1 of our trip away from Edinburgh. I spent some time in Inverness (a few days) when I was studying at Edinburgh. I was with many other "young Americans abroad," so I spent most of that time in the pubs, drinking far too many pints & signing karaoke very poorly ("You've Lost that Loving Feeling" was our standard) to the bemusement of the locals.

Nick, however, has never been to Inverness & I'm looking forward to spending some (semi-) sober time there with him. The bed & breakfast is adorable and comes complete with two Labrador dogs -
Molly & Jess! We're booking the room sometime today (perhaps between playoff games). :)

4 comments:

Pickle said...

Cute doggies! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time...

My holiday in Skye will be spent with a big daft black lab. I can't wait to see him lolloping about in the sea!

Drama Queen said...

Ahh a holiday in bonny scotland, right by the sea. . .so good for the soul.

Anonymous said...

Molly and Jess would definitely have swung it for me. Bit suspicious of what looks like a sunny street in Scotland though ;-) But still you've lived here - you know the deal about the weather - is your man forewarned though? ;-)

Stacey said...

Thanks for the good wishes, ladies! :) I haven't been to the Highlands since 2003 and I miss them.

Elisabeth - the boy hasn't been warned of Scotland's capricious weather yet. He's a good sort, though, so we'll just deal with whatever comes - be it rain, wind, or what have you! :)