Things I did today that made me feel entirely grown-up:
- Sent a million emails to friends and family about addresses for Christmas cards. I think I said, "Please give my love to your family and have a very Merry Christmas" about sixty times!
- Signed 135 holiday cards for the people who work for my company.
- Emailed three of my undergraduate professors, thanking them for writing recommendations for me & promising to let them know "when I hear something." (Scary!)
- Bought three Dr. Seuss books - two for the nephew & one for my boss' holiday party, where he & his wife are collecting children's books for "Reach Out & Read". I can't attend the party, but it's such a good cause - I felt I had to contribute anyway.
- Snuck into my co-worker's office every five minutes to "accidentally" steal chocolates from his candy bowl.
- Giggled with joy at a road chock-full of Christmas-lit houses on the way to my student's house.
- Bought three Dr. Seuss books. :)