So, because the quality writing is apparently hiding somewhere in my head, here are some of my thoughts at the moment - in boring bullet form:
- Nick & I are heading to Manhattan on Saturday morning! We're staying with my best friend at her apartment in the city for the weekend. We're also attending a New Year's Eve party at the apartment of one of my friends from study abroad. She's tons of fun & I haven't seen her since she came to visit me in Boston in '05, so I'm really looking forward to it. I promise pictures next week.
- You know when you have a song running through your head but you don't mind because you really like it but you feel like it's really getting a bit much and maybe you should chill with listening to/singing it? Yeah. Right now, "Starlight" by Muse and "The Funeral" by Band of Horses are sharing that pole position. Why, yes, that quirky fact was the inspiration for my title, thank you for noticing!
- I heart Sam Adams Cream Stout. Not usually a stout kinda girl - but I'm liking it. Between the holiday samplers Nick & I have been . . well, sampling and the impending trip to Scotland, I'm looking forward to a good beer winter. :)
- This one's just for fun. I was watching an episode of 30 Rock tonight & here's an exchange I particularly enjoyed:
- Tina Fay's character: "Why did you think I was a lesbian?"
- Alec Baldwin's character: "Your shoes."
- Tina: "But I'm straight!"
- Alec: "Those shoes are definitely bi-curious."
That's all for now, kiddies. Catch you on the flip side of my trip to NYC, also known as next week/year! (As an aside, couldn't you just kill those people who leave places before New Year's Eve & cheerily shout, "See you next year!" Grrrrrr . . . . )