Friday, June 23, 2006

Holy Nausea, Batman!

So last night, I was getting ready to head out for dinner. My stomach was feeling a little queasy, but I just chalked it up to being empty & a little unsettled from my rushing around trying to get ready. I walked to the train station, bought my tokens, sat on a bench for a bit, then got on the train.

Suddenly, I was hit with a wave of nausea (and yes, I had to look up how to spell that). It was the "
full monty": dizziness, cold sweat, white face. I must have looked really frightening.

I tried to ignore it, but was forced to bail at Harvard. I headed up the Outbound ramp, thinking I could just head back to my apartment & rest up for another try. No such luck. I could barely stand. I had to head upstairs to the Pit to get some fresh air. I even ran into the Au Bon Pain bathroom just in case. Luckily, that was not in the cards.

I called J. to cancel on dinner, feeling wretched. He was very understanding. In retrospect, even if I had made it to dinner, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the fine LTK menu with a wonky stomach. I ended up walking home from Harvard because I didn't think I could stomach the train again. It was a loong walk, but I was feeling fine by the time I got home. Weird.

In happier news, I booked my flight home from Canada today! It's official now. I've taken the time off, my parents are driving me up, and I've got my flight booked for the way home. I can't wait to get to PEI (via the wedding in Cape Breton). The picture above is the sunset view from our cottage. :)

No comments: