Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday Randomness

So because my bedroom looks like this:
you're getting bullet points & promises instead of a proper post. ;)
  • My room is a mess. However, since I have neither class nor work tomorrow (haha - I love not working full-time anymore! Also, I just said I have no class! Get it?), I will be spending most of the hot, sticky day inside unpacking & organizing. I think that with our forces combined, me 'n the four Red Hook ESBs in the fridge can get it done!
  • I went to the Sox game last night with one of my best friends, my bro-in-law, and a friend of his. Sucks that we lost, but I took a few silly pictures & had a few funny occurrences. Will post them soon.
  • I got a new job! Well, kind of. It's through the same place I've worked since May, but it's additional hours in a different department. It also involves food service (in which I have a decade of experience), so you know that that means, right? Free food!
  • And for the other days of the week, when I'm a poor starving grad student, I made a nice discovery during my virgin visit to the local Hannaford's. They have . . . dry goods in bulk! That's right - when money runs low, I can walk on over to the store & buy $1 worth of couscous or granola to keep me alive. ;)
  • You guys, I have a problem. My age meter is on the fritz. Walking around campus, I'm having a hard time telling the little baby freshmen (no way!) from the grad students & young professors (acceptable for dating). I once made the mistake of dating a guy significantly younger than me (4 years) & never heard the end of it from both friends & family. Even my mom called me Mrs. Robinson! I don't want to make the same mistake again. What do I do??? ;)
  • Last, but not least: I finally bought "The Places in Between." I first read about Rory Stewart this past spring while in my dentist's waiting room. He's a well-educated Scotsman in his early thirties who has served as a British diplomat for a number of years. Most interestingly, though, in 2002, he walked across Afghanistan by himself. The book is an account of his experiences in that country. I'll let you know how it is when I finish it, ok?
In the meantime, since it's nearly midnight, I think I'll toddle off to bed with my Scotsman. Enjoy your evening, kiddos!

1 comment:

LawVixen said...

my favorite moving quote is "in one of these boxes...". great west wing episode where the president gets subpeonaed and donna has to figure out which of hundreds of boxes of documents she has to provide and the list that she so painstakingly made of the contexts of each box is - you guessed it! - "in one of these boxes". Her frustration level is very high and very funny, and it helps when searching through one's own boxes after a move. Move is less stressful than a subpeona! And you have fewer boxes. Anyway, hooray for new things, new jobs, free/cheap food, and cute froshers. Remember that kid who lived next to me in Lee? So cute. So 17. Bad, bad Kate. ;)

::wiggles eyebrows:: enjoy!!