Friday, September 28, 2007

And We Did It!!!

To quote the Globe headline after our 2004 World Series win, "YES!!!" The Orioles scored the final run in the bottom of the 10th to beat the Yankees 10-9. And the Sox are the AL East champs!!!

I'm so happy. :) I jumped up & down and whisper-yelled. ;) I then called my parents, who were half-asleep, but excited, and both of my best friends. Left a msg. for one of them & chatted for a bit with the one who lives in New York.

I've been watching the coverage on NESN of the celebration. I love how excited the players are. After the chaos of champagne-spraying in the clubhouse (they all wore swim goggles!), they're mostly all out on the field now celebrating with the fans. They're running around in shorts & division champ T-shirts, spraying champagne on the fans, smoking cigars, & giving high fives out like candy. :)

I love this team & I love Red Sox Nation. On to the playoffs, you guys!

No comments: