Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

I had intended for this to be a somewhat quiet weekend. No such luck - but in a good way. :)

Friday night - I drove up to the Lake House. Got up there around 10:00, talked to the 'rents for awhile, then shower & off to bed on the porch. Up at 5:30 a.m. for a ridiculously early hair appointment. Chopped it all off! Well, maybe not all. It's a lot like Keira Knightley's new cut. I'm still getting used to it, but I think it's pretty fun. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Went out for breakfast with my parents, then off to tutor a student. Lunch with the grandparents, a nap on the screen porch, then back down to Boston in the afternoon.

Saturday night - Out to Cambridge 1 for some of the best & most inventive pizza in Cambridge, off to Noir for an overly-sweet cantaloupe martini & some good patio time, and then to Christopher's for dessert & Boddingtons.

Sunday - slept late (noon!), then up to shower & head over to Orleans for the World Cup final. Watched Italy beat France on the huge screen (go Italy!), then innings 10-14 of the Sox game. After some shopping, we BBQ'd at my friend's house and watched innings 15-19 of the game. Finally home around 9:00 to watch Adult Swim, finish "The Small Room" & drift off to sleep. Whew!

No comments: