Monday, July 17, 2006

The Countdown Begins!

T-minus 55 hours until my vacation begins! As of 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, I'm off work for twelve straight days! I can't wait.

My vacation this year is unusual because it has four parts. I'll tell you about the first two today & leave the last two for tomorrow & D-day. Because, clearly, you want to know about my vacation while you're stuck at home. ;)
  1. Part I is attending a soccer match at Gillette Stadium. Glasgow Celtic, the team that I followed when I lived in Scotland, is doing their American summer tour. They're stopping in MA this Wednesday to play the New England Revolution. And I will be there!
  2. Part II: When the match ends, Best Friend & I are heading down to the house her family rents on the Cape. It's right above a salt marsh. It's beautiful & peaceful & has an outdoor shower (I love outdoor showers)! And even the shower overlooks the salt marsh.
The only bad thing about going away for 12 days is that means 12 Thing 1-less days. I'm going to miss him - I've never been away from him for longer than 1 week. That's him with my sister in the picture above, trying to put his own bottle in his mouth. Not quite there yet, but the kid's got chutzpah!

No comments: