Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And the Countdown Continues . . .

T-minus 31 hours until my vacation begins! I'm at the Cape until Friday, then I drive back to Boston. I have to drop my car off to be worked on & pick up my suitcase for parts 3 & 4 of this multi-part, crazy-ass vacation.

Part 3 is driving to Canada with my parents overnight on Friday, then being dropped off in Cape Breton. I'm attending the wedding of an old friend on Saturday. The inn in Judique where the wedding guests are staying is so cute:


I've known the groom, Chad, for about eleven years, since our salad days on Prince Edward Island. Hanging out with him has never been dull! Years ago, we were out at the bars in Charlottetown (the capital city) & it was a really hot night. We all took a drunken dip in the fountain in front of Province House. Oops. ;) Dripping wet, we walked home along the main drag. Chad walked up to one young woman & said "Hey baby. Do I make you wet?" in a phony lecherous voice. She started cracking up.

I must also point out that he does a fantastic impression of Donald Duck's laugh. I don't know how he ended up with that in his repertoire, but it cracks me up every time. AND, the man makes a mean bacon-wrapped scallop.

I put together their wedding present at LNT over the weekend. Since Chad is a chef, I thought an outdoor party kit would be fitting. I bought a galvanized tin tub for drinks & filled it with the fixings for a fiesta: a bucket of margarita mix, two glasses, two outdoor plates, a bag of buffalo tortilla chips, a jar of salsa, a ceramic salsa server, a set of salad tongs, two ceramic bowls,
a plastic pitcher for the margaritas, and a set of four "Fruit Cocktail" Yankee Candle votives. I hope they like it & I hope I can get it through customs!

No comments: