Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moving On

Uncle Justin playing horsie for Thing 1 this evening at my sister's house.  From past experience, I encouraged him to do it on the rug (those hardwood floors are hard on a horsie's knees!).

My sister is selling the house next week, so this was probably our third-to-last visit over there.  Since the house has been in our family since 1957, it's been a little hard to deal with, but it's all for the best in the end.  After the chaos of moving next week, my nephews will have a lovely new condo to settle into.  

And at their request, we'll be getting their sunflowers (see them on the windowsill?) to plant in our yard.  The boys can, of course, come to visit the flowers whenever they want.  I feel lucky that we've got the house here and can be a stable presence for the little monkey-do's.  Our house was their great-grandparents' first and is now their auntie and uncle's.  

The house sale means we're losing one family home, but retaining three - ours, the lake house, and the house on PEI.  Some people don't have as many to start with, so I'm trying to look on the bright side.

No comments: