Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

May I present the first turkey we've ever cooked in this house?  Obviously, there were many Thanksgivings hosted here in the forty-six years my grandparents lived here, but this was our first.

Justin did a great job with this lovely 20lb. bird and with a few exceptions (there always are), everything else went smoothly, too!  We squeezed a dozen people into our small dining room and enjoyed a nice feast.  The one (big) downer was that my sister had to stay home with a high temperature and nausea.  Her husband and sons came and we checked on her via phone throughout the day while she rested, but obviously we wish she could have been here with us.

I asked my father to say grace and he was good enough to do so.  He talked about being thankful for having both my family of origin and Justin's family of origin gathered together for the holiday.  He also asked us to remember my sister, who would have much preferred being with us instead of being home in bed.  And he gave thanks that we could celebrate this Thanksgiving with Justin, unlike last year when he was thousands of miles away.  I hope you all had a lovely holiday!

No comments: