Saturday, November 05, 2011

Bring Back Strident Feminism!

So today I was meant* to be going to an APW Book Club meet-up.  The Boston group was meeting in a nearby town at 1pm, as groups all over the world (well, the Western, First World bits anyhow) were meeting in their respective towns at the same time.  It's a truly awesome thing, both for the participants, the observers, and the person behind it all, Meg at APW.

And this time, I was going to be a participant!  I bought the book (How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran) a couple of months ago, read it all in a weekend, and love it!  I had plans to bring stinky cheese and crackers!  Alas, this morning I both chickened out on going, just a little bit, and realized I had work that needed doing in Portsmouth.

BUT.  The book is truly amazing and you should read it.  Male, female, whatever - it's brilliant and funny and heartwarming and provocative.  Go read it now.  And since I didn't get to go to the book club meet-up, come back and tell me what you think.

*Side note: I really love how having spent time in Scotland over the last decade has infused my speech with the occasional Briticism.  :)

No comments: