Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Feeling Kinda Memey

In honor of Teeny's first post in awhile, I'm going to try her meme. Then, I'm going to tag five of you loyal readers & make you do it, too. ;)

1. The rules of the game get posted on the beginning.

2. Each player answers the rules about him or herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read his [or her] blog.

What I was doing ten years ago:
Let's see - I was 16. So I was a sophomore in high school & just about to get my license. More importantly, my parents had just bought me my first car - a 1965 Ford Mustang! That thing was wonderful . . . :) I'll see if I can dig up a photo & scan it.

Five things on my To-Do list today (I'm listing things I've already done, as it's 11:30 @ night & there's not much left to do):
1. Finish the exhibit panels for my "19th century brewing industry in Portsmouth" final project.
2. Buy a growler of Dirty Blonde Ale @ the Brewery to bring to class as a "prop."
3. Try to stay dry in the monsoon-like weather.
4. Take out the trash & the recycling.
5. Feed the kitties.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
My answers are much like Teeny's & Sarah's, actually. In essence, I would take care of all of my & my family's financial debts, buy a lovely home somewhere & just live life fully - a life filled with good books, leisurely mornings on a deck/patio/other type of outdoor space, and loads of laughs. :) And I'm happy to say I wouldn't quit my profession, because it's just what I love to do!

Three of my bad habits:
1. Like Teeny (& Susie), I tend to stay up late for no good reason & struggle to rise in the morning.
2. One word - procrastination. I've never been one to do now what I can do in an hour, or tomorrow, or next week.
3. I like being the last dog hung, i.e. one of the last patrons ushered out of the bar by tired bouncers at 1 or 2am. I don't know why, but even if I'm only having one drink, I don't like going home earlier than the bar is open.

Five places I’ve lived:
1. Hometown, an affluent suburb near Boston, where the cars in the student parking lot @ the high school were often equal to if not better than my own parents' vehicles.
2. Small Town College town, which was lovely & small & a perfect place to become a real, thinking adult.
3. Edinburgh, which was lovely & big & a perfect place to become a more learned, well-traveled adult.
4. The Davis Square area, which was loads of fun & wonderfully/dangerously close to my favorite bar in the wide world.
5. Portsmouth, which is just, well, sigh. :) I know I've said this before, but I bloody love this town. I really hope I can get a job around here & stay for awhile when I finish my degree.

Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Bagel sandwich maker
2. Caterer
3. Archives intern/organizer
4. Assistant Director of . . . well, never mind. The job wasn't that great, but doesn't the title sound cool?
5. Currently, many things to many people at a great museum. The more, the better to get my foot in the door, right?

Five books I’ve recently read:
1. Slightly Chipped: Footnotes in Booklore
2. Frank Jones: King of the Alemakers
3. Street Haunting
4. Outside Lies Magic
5. Beer in America: The Early Years

Five people or communities I’m going to tag:
1. Eileen
2. Susie
3. Melissa
4. Caity
5. Jason

2 comments:

eileen said...

Nice! I'll get to this soon.

Susie said...

I did it!! Thanks :)