Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Activities

This weekend was busy, but pretty low key. On Friday, I intended to move the first of my things up to Portsmouth. The best laid plans of mice & men . . . Before starting out, I popped my hood to refill the washer fluid & when I tried to close the hood, the latches wouldn't catch. After a frustrating half-hour trying to tie down the hood with rope & swatting at mosquitoes in the growing dark, I decided to postpone my trip north.

As luck would have it, the mechanic at a local gas station knew what the problem was & was able to fix it for me before I headed up to work on Saturday morning. And all for just a large coffee - God bless him! I spent the day working in P-mouth, then headed down 95 to my married friend's house.
Her husband was at a bachelor party, so I spent the evening with her & her 2-year old son - eating dinner, playing with his train set, and watching The Holiday on DVD. It was lovely to see her before my move & I had a great time with her son (who has been fairly shy with me in the past).

On Sunday, I slept in until 9:30 (!), then headed up to the new place with the long-awaited first load of stuff. Had a nice cup of coffee with my housemate, gave him the rent check & got the keys. He then helped me unload the car & I had a quick look 'round the place. It looked even better than I remembered!

Sunday afternoon - I went to a Lowell Spinners game with my family (mother, father, grandmother, sister, bro-in-law, and nephew) & best friend. What a deal - $30 gets you admission to the game, all-you-can-eat at the Gator Pit, and parking in the indoor garage. There's a lot of sideshow involved - raffles, T-shirt tosses, etc., but I guess they feel they have to do that to pull in the families. However, it was a good game & the Spinners beat the Vermont Lake Monsters in extra innings. Picture above is of the infield of LeLacheur Park from our seats.

So - busy weekend & I'm home for bed! :)

1 comment:

londongirl said...

Busy weekend indeed, but sounds fun.

I hope your new housemate is nice and the move goes well.