Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Heart Long Weekends

So you know how I've had a really busy & stressful May? All month, I kept telling myself, "Just get through to Memorial Day, just get through to Memorial Day." Well, I made it. And what a treat it was! :)
I took Friday off & headed up to the Lake House on Thursday night. One of the first things I did upon arrival was lie on the deck with my sister's dog, staring up at the stars. It helped me begin the "de-stressing" process.
On Friday, my best friend R., her puppy Vixen, my sister, my brother-in-law, and my baby nephew joined us at the lake. It was great to have everyone there and my best friend finally got to meet my nephew. They got along well. :)
On Saturday, High School Ex came up. I was nervous about him coming, but things worked out well. We dated 10 years ago, during our freshman year of high school, so my family already knew him. So that was a relief - not having that "new man meeting the family" stress.
On Sunday, we threw a joint birthday party for my dad and my brother-in-law. Despite having three of us (mother, sister & I) at work, it's not easy to mind a 3-month old baby, keep an eye on the dog, assist the elderly grandparents, and host a party for 30 people (aged 3 months to 79 years)! Things went off without a hitch, though.
Now, I'm back at work. Still feeling a little residual relaxation from the weekend, luckily. Despite the busy schedule, I got to spend hours relaxing on the deck, cuddling Thing 1, joking around with R., sister & bro-in-law, and kayaking/canoing with High School Ex. Check out the rest of the pictures here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.