Thursday, May 18, 2006

Gobble-Gobble

Well, my company had a brush with nature today. Not the same kind as everyone else has been having with massive flooding - much tamer, in fact. When I arrived at work, this is the sight that greeted me:

That's right - we had a large wild turkey (the bird, not the bourbon, unfortunately) hanging out in our parking lot for much of the day. At one point, we also had two police cruisers, a few policemen, and a fire engine out front watching the turkey:

(That's my Jeep he's hanging out next to, by the way.) After they left, things calmed down and I went outside to get a better picture of Mr. Tom Turkey. I think he's a male, based on this website.

I only had my camera phone, so the picture quality isn't the best. But at least you all got to meet our wild turkey.

No comments: