Thursday, February 07, 2013

Storm's A-Comin'

So, yeah.  We're pretty much staring down the barrel of a potentially historic blizzard tomorrow and Saturday.  Like, Blizzard of '78 historic, already has a name historic (Nemo).  So take a look at that photo of our backyard with a maybe four inches of snow . . . and add about 20 more.  Yup, forecasts for the Boston area are predicting about 2 feet of snow in the next two days.

Luckily, we work non-essential jobs so all is well.  I'm going to work from home tomorrow and the symposium I was supposed to work on Saturday has been postponed, as has the class Justin was supposed to be teaching on Saturday morning.  Neither of us has to be anywhere until Sunday afternoon, so we've got two days to hunker down and hopefully enjoy the snow (which I fully intend to do as long as the power stays on).  I'm sure I'll be posting some pics of the huge amounts of snow as we go.  If you live in the Northeast,  hope you and yours stay safe!

No comments: