Thursday, December 10, 2009

Unsorted Bookmarks

I am one of those people who has lots and lots of bookmark folders. They mostly contain blogs. I know I should switch to Google Reader, but I really enjoy my process of going to a folder marked "UK Blogs" or "Beer Blogs" or "Web Comics" and clicking "open all in tabs." Call me crazy.

A few of my normally visited sites don't belong in any of my folders, though, so they live at the bottom of the bookmarks menu. I thought I'd highlight a few today, since they're pretty interesting and often on my radar due to their unique position.
  • shitmydadsays on Twitter. As the guy's bio says, "I'm 29. I live with my 73-year-old dad. He is awesome. I just write down shit that he says."
  • John Quincy Adams on Twitter, "The line-a-day diary entries of John Quincy Adams, beginning with his journey to Russia on 5 August 1809."
  • BibliOdyssey, the world's digital online library. Gorgeous books highlighted here!
  • mattbites.com, "a man obsessed with food, drink & everything inbetween"
  • The Daily Portsmouth. I've mentioned this site before, but it's here again because it just has such beautiful views of the city. Even though we live here, we don't always get to roam around and see what's going on around town, especially in the winter. But we can live vicariously through this blog's author!

No comments: