Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Tree!

Isn't she a beaut? It might be a bit hard to tell in the photo but she's a tall girl, too! Nine feet according to our tape measure. Like with my trees the past two years, she's a discard from the holiday event hosted at one of my jobs. We just got her today, a bit close to Christmas, but she came free of charge so the price is right. With luck, we'll have some time to decorate her tomorrow night!

(With such an epic tree complementing the beautiful woodwork in our circa-1865 apartment, I joked to Justin earlier, "I keep expecting a performance of the Nutcracker to break out in here!")

2 comments:

Andrew said...

pretty!!!

but I got a little teary-eyed when the thought crossed through my brain "I used to sleep there..."

lots of pine needles up my nose.

Stacey said...

I know - I know. Every so often, I'm sitting at the desk that's behind the tree at present and think, "This is where Monkey used to sleep. (tear)"