Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tug on the Heartstrings, Much?

So the other night, Justin and I were leaving my sister's house after I met with a hairdresser for my hair trial (check out Wer Ond Wif in a day or so if you want to know what the heck that is). As we were getting ready to go, Thing 1 was loitering about in the hallway. I went over to give him a squeeze and a kiss goodbye and he said, "Auntie, where do you sleep?"

"Well," I said, a bit thrown, "Uncle Justin and I get in the car and we drive about an hour and then we are at our house. That's where we sleep."

Thing 1: "Why do you have to go back?"

Me: "Well, I have to go to work tomorrow and Uncle Justin has to go to school. Like Mommy and Daddy go to work and you go to school."

Thing 1: "But why can't you live here with us?"

. . .

A very sad Me: "Aww, we'll live in this town with you someday, ok, sweetie?"

Then, my mother texted me this morning to say that Thing 2 had just asked her, "Where are Auntie and Uncle Justin?"

Oy - the tugs on the heartstrings are getting to be too much. We might have to move back to Boston sooner than we planned!

No comments: