Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas Gift Roundup

Or not. Apparently, as of December 29th, I was planning to do a "Christmas Gift Roundup." Not sure what they would have entailed besides a list of all the goodies that I got, perhaps with photo evidence? That seems like a silly post.

Let's suffice to say that I received lovely things for Christmas, including lots & lots of books, which are the things that make me happiest. I also got this comic as a 11" x 17" print from the man I love. :)

Somehow, I went nearly a week without blogging, which was not intentional. I have a few posts either drafted, started, or just conceived. There is, for example, one on the new year (at the risk of sounding like every other person so far this year, 2010!?! how did the future get here so fast & where is my flying car?). There are others, as well. Watch this space!

Wait, wait, one more thing. The last line of the first paragraph reminded me (I'll wait while you go back & reread it. Ready now?). Some of you know that I, and the future husband, am a lover of Tolkien. In the Fellowship of the Ring, Boromir at one point says, "One does not simply walk into Mordor!" A friend of ours heard a riff on this, which brings in a little Monty Python and has been making me giggle for weeks: "One does not silly walk into Mordor!"

No comments: