Thursday, July 16, 2009

Weekend Update

I haven't done one of these in forever & a day, but we had a fun weekend last weekend and I thought I'd share a little. Warning - the post is long!

On Friday afternoon, we walked to the church around the corner (the one we're considering having the wedding in!) & gave blood. Since we were doing so at the same time, the nurses had a friendly competition going as to who would finish first. I'm proud to say that I smoked my future husband, pumping out a pint of blood in 4 minutes, 36 seconds. ;)

Afterwards, we were a little woozy, so we got barbecue delivered. Yeah, that's what I said. Southern BBQ, delivered, in New Hampshire. It's from MoJo's & it's good. Later, we went out for a couple of beers with a couple of friends & proved ourselves wicked cheap dates. Two beers was enough after the afternoon's loss of blood. After a stop at Gilley's for cheeseburgers & poutine, we took our tipsy selves home.

Bright & early the next morn, we were up to watch our roommate run in a 5K that went right past our front door. We made a sign for him (his nickname around the apartment is "Monkey," so it said "Go Monkey Go!" & had a picture of spider monkey) & cheered from our perch on the front steps as he went by.

Around 1:30, we headed down to Charlestown to check out the Tall Ships at the Navy Yard. We waited in an interminably long line to board the Amistad, then after a stop for chicken fingers & fries, waited in a much shorter line to see the Bluenose II. Having roots in the Maritimes, she's the one I really wanted to see anyway. Besides, I interned for the last nine months at the USS Constitution Museum, so I've toured Constitution quite recently. And we can always go back!






After we finished our ship-ogling, we headed to Cambridge to a show at the Middle East. Doors opened an hour later than we thought, so we popped into my old local, the People's Republic, for a beer & a bit of the Sox game. Then, back to the Mid East for a good mewithoutyou show.

We spent the night at my sister's in Hometown, then spent much of the next day at the Franklin Park Zoo with her, her husband, and the little things. :) We were exhausted when we got home, of course, but it was a fun weekend!








No comments: