Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Updates

Sorry for not updating on the new apartment sooner. It's been a trying week. Among other things:
  • Money's very tight this month
  • My car is acting up (which doesn't help #1)
  • I failed to get a paid part-time summer position that I thought was assured (which also doesn't help #1)
  • Worst of all, we recently found out that The Boy's military deployment is now scheduled for a month before our scheduled wedding date.
Sigh. I've always been a "focus on the positive" kind of girl, but this week's news is putting that optimism severely to the test. We were looking forward to a relaxing Saturday at my parents' lake house, but unless the car is fixed by then, we're not even going to get that solace. I'm sure things will come out ok in the end, but here at the beginning, it's a little grim.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Things will get better!

Love,
Mum

Andrew said...

<3ses, precious! You know what it'll be? Legen - wait for it - and I hope you're not lactose-intolerant - DARY

Caity said...

Thinking of you and hoping things get better soon!!

And whoever Andrew is ... I use that line all the time!! One of my favorites!