Friday, June 19, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

So I work at a place that sees a lot of kids in the course of a year - school field trips in the fall & spring and summer camps in the (duh) summer. Therefore, I tend to overhear a lot of chestnuts. The camp that I run starts next week, so there will definitely be more of these. Here's what I picked up this week, though.
  • Small boy to his classmate who gently moved a hanging American flag out of her way: "Stop it! Stop it! You're disrespecting the flag!" I think he's been watching too much Fox News.
  • Walking home from work, I passed a mother and her two kids as her little girl climbed out of their wagon to help pull it. It seemed important to her to pull, rather than sit in the back like a baby. As I walked around them, the mother said, "Let's just let this lady pass, then we can go!" The little girl replied, "But why is she going faster than us?" Her mom said, "Longer legs." ;)
  • During my demonstration/talk yesterday, the room I was in was crowded with school kids. A tiny girl came in with her parents and after a minute or two, loudly announced, "I want to leave." I didn't mind the giggles of the school kids, as I was trying to hide my own smile.
More to come next week!

No comments: