Wednesday, September 24, 2008

(Peeking fearfully around corners)

You guys, I think I might be a closet pessimist. Whenever things are going really well, I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
It's a fairly recent condition, stemming from the spring of 2007. Things were going really well then, too: my then-boyfriend & I had recently come back from Scotland (where we said those words for the first time), I had just been accepted into graduate school (with a full ride to boot) and life was free 'n easy. Then May, and its accompanying shitstorm, hit. Nick broke up with me and my grandmother died after a painful illness. Talk about a big shoe, huh?

Now, here's what's going well in my life:

  • classes
  • work - both jobs
  • internship
  • family
  • living situation
  • car
  • love life
  • friends
  • Red Sox
Here's what not going well:
  • deciding where to eat for my birthday dinner
Therefore, I am a little nervous these days. I keep expecting locusts, rivers of fire, pestilence & despair dropping from on high. I wonder how to get over/around this . . .

No comments: