Monday, April 24, 2006

Peanut Butter, Mushroom & Cheddar Omelet - Oh My!

I know, I know. I haven't posted in 5 whole days. To the one or two of you who care - I am deeply sorry. At least I was out getting material! I spent a fun weekend in Portland with some college friends. It was (ready for this?) a surprise birthday party with an early '80s theme. Yeah, that spells trouble. Here are the highlights (in approximate chronological order):
  1. T. & J. dancing to Jackson 5 in the car.
  2. The guest of honor got arrested - in a town an hour away. I kid you not. Here is how far Bridgton is from Portland. He called from the police station & his girlfriend and I flew to the rescue. The surprise part, however, was slightly damaged.
  3. Trees! In a Hannafords!
  4. The much younger kids on the other side of the fence were also having a backyard party. We were first made aware of their presence by their chanting: "Chug! Chug! Chug!". Later, when they found out we had s'more fixings, they chanted: "S'mores! S'mores! S'mores!" God bless these kids for being enthusiastic about everything!
  5. The infamous peanut butter, mushroom & cheddar cheese omelet. The seven of us remaining on Sunday morning went out to breakfast, which is one of my favorite things to do - ever. I had 2 eggs scrambled, wheat toast, home fries, a glass of water, an orange juice, and 1.5 cups of coffee. Yum. T., however, ordered the most disgusting thing on the menu - a peanut butter, mushroom & cheddar cheese omelet. Yuck. Seriously, who comes up with this shit?
So that was my fun weekend in Portland. Other fun things happened, too, but I don't exactly remember all of them. You can see the rest of the pictures here and here. Enjoy!

No comments: