Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catching Up

Today was . . . slower than usual. In a good way.

I've been really busy the last few weeks. If I wasn't working or driving somewhere, I was meeting with a vendor for the wedding or spending my evenings emailing said vendors. I needed a bit of a break.

After an early morning (had a training meeting for work at 8am), I was home and done with the day's work around noon. I was supposed to work at my job in Massachusetts this afternoon, but my boss called me to tell me to stay home due to the snow. Justin got home at 1, we had lunch, and then peace settled over the apartment.

For the last three hours, he's been doing schoolwork at the kitchen table and I've been stretched out on the couch, catching up on the last 3½ months over at Cold Antler Farm. The lights are on, making the apartment warm & cozy, but we've left the blinds open to watch the snow and welcome the last of the daylight. Just now, we got hungry, so we ate some mixed nuts and made some tea (blueberry for me, white tea for him).

Sometimes, you just need a little time to rest and remember that while the world can be a stressful place, it can also be a good place.

No comments: