Friday, May 08, 2009

Break Out the Bubbly!

Or the lone beer @ the back of the fridge, which is what I did! Anyway, we're celebrating my successful thesis defense, so drink 'em if you've got 'em. :)

I still have a 15-page paper due Tuesday for my Beowulf class, but I've cleared the most important hurdle of this spring and successfully presented/defended my thesis project! It's such a relief to know that I just need to turn in something readable* & then I'm free.

Free as a little bird! Um . . . you'll have to excuse me - I'm just a little excited.


*The paper is on the material world of the poem, specifically its halls. As I said to The Boy earlier, as long as I don't turn in a piece of paper with a crayon picture of a medieval hall and the words "Thiz is whur Bewulf livd," we should be all set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you Honey,

Love,
Mum