Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Electric!

Does a power outage count as a good excuse for not blogging? If so, pick me! Pick me!

Like close to half a million other people in southern New Hampshire, my power was out for a couple of days recently. I was spending Thursday night at The Boy's house in Dover & the power went out there around 10:30pm. We came back to Portsmouth on Friday afternoon to another power outage (since 3am).

However, we kept warm enough by boiling pots of water on the gas range & light enough by burning lots of candles. We also somehow retained hot water, so showers weren't a problem, either. Power came back in both places yesterday afternoon, so we're all set now!

Keep your fingers crossed for all the other people (including my parents & a number of friends) whose power is still out!

No comments: