Wednesday, August 27, 2008

(Not) Moving (for Once)

If you've read this blog for any amount of time, you'd know that moving is something with which I have loads of experience. And despite the fact that I just moved into this apartment mere months ago, I was thinking about moving out recently.

It's not that I don't like my roommate - I do - or the apartment - also do. It was mainly because the GSBB & I had talked about living together. However, she's ended up moving in with The Mechanic's Older Sister (who needs a new nickname, as I haven't seen him for months).

So then I thought about getting a studio apartment somewhere in P'mouth, since I had moving on the brain. I searched for places on Craigslist, looked at a couple, and generally grew frustrated with the options.

Then, one evening, I was standing just inside my screen door while my dinner cooked, savoring a beer & gazing across the vacant lot to the mill pond . . . and it hit me that it would be massively silly to leave this place. It's close to downtown, it's affordable, all of my things are already here, and I can see (a little bit of) water from my front door!

So I'm here. I plan to sign a new lease for 8/08 to 8/09 and stick around for awhile. That is, unless I get the moving bug again . . .

No comments: